Saturday, July 13, 2013

rain and goodbyes

Hi friends. I'm back. I know I told you to gear up for an emotional post about a month ago that never came, but I'm sorry I'm finally half way writing it. I'm terrible at sticking to things on my blog. Moving on. Don't judge me or trust me solely on my dedication to my blog. I'm not sure why I haven't written this post. Maybe it's just a little too tough to actually write out the feelings and words that are floating around in my head. Or maybe the rain just wants to bring it out of me a little bit.
Remember my dear friend Jake that I mentioned in the last post who with the baseball tickets? Well, he officially left on his mission to serve the Lord for two years in Spain on June 11. So about a month ago. I won't go into all the details about it and saying goodbye, but he is doing really well. I got a letter back from him on Thursday and it's great to hear about all of his Christ-like service he is involved in a half a world away. Saying goodbye was definitely tough, but the hardest part was after I'd left and was actually that night. I looked up the stars and just started to cry. I'm pretty sure my sister thought I was mental. Jake and I used to look at the stars together and do our own kind of star gazing which ended up in him finding constellations on his phone and trying to show me where they were. Some times worked out better than others... Anyways, that 's the emotional post, just in a nutshell because I don't really want to flesh that all out completely. Saying goodbye for two whole years to one of your best friends is just harder than you would think.

Do you ever have a song that always seems to speak to you, no matter the mood you're in? Here's mine for the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment