Monday, June 10, 2013

baseballin' nerd

I don't know about you, but I LOVE baseball. Please tell me I'm not alone out here. I always feel like a few of my close friends don't really like baseball, know about baseball, or care about baseball besides my family and my BFF.About a week and a half ago I went to see my first baseball game f the season and it was amazing! My dear friend Jake offered his family's season tickets to the Bees game so Jake, Andrea, her BF Josh, and I went. Let me just tell you I was expecting okay seats and maybe we'd end up sitting on the grass just for fun. Oh no! These tickets were THIRD ROW seats righ next to the visitors team dugout right by home base. The best seats you can possibly have! In my opinion at least. Jake and I bought our mandatory hot dogs and enjoyed an amazing game. Jake was talking about how the Bees are not that great and he's probably never seen a homerun either, when low and behold the Bees hit a grand slam in the third inning leading the Bees right into the win. Thanks to a little help from Andrea crossing her fingers. I'm pretty sure I was the most excited one about going to the game. Just walking into the park made my adrenaline run up a hundred notches. The smell of hot dogs and popcorn and the security people in their tacky orange jackets, which I'm sure cook them alive. I just can't get enough! I love the feel and excitement that you feel at a baseball game!
P.s. I may or may not have flirted with a visiting baseball player. Okay, not really. I only smiled at him and he smiled back. But I'm counting it!

GRAND SLAM!

Funny face #1

Funny face #2

No comment on this one...
 
Today, I'm grateful for the cute little quail baby birds that I watched running around my yard.
 
P.s. Prepare for a little bit of an emotional blog post tomorrow... Saying goodbye for two years is kind of hard. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment