Monday, June 3, 2013

an attitude of gratitude

I've decided that everyday I want to challenge myself to find something to be grateful for. It can be the slightest thing like catching the TRAX train on my way to school, therefore not making me late to class which I hate. President Thomas S. Monson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints said in General Conference "Our lives are blessed in countless ways. We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE... President Joseph F. Smith,... provided an answer. Said he: "The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life.'" During the school semesters, some days would become the best days because of the slightest things like running into friends and talking for a few minutes or being able to turn in an assignment that has been causing me great amounts of stress. Since I'm a little quirky, I would then write down all of the things that made my day so wonderful on little sticky notes and keep them in my backpack to read on a really bad day. I now want to extend that idea on to my blog. So now after every post or message I am going to write a little thing I'm grateful for. And I challenge you to do something similar by recognizing things you are grateful for in your day, be it great or small, and writing it down somewhere!

 
Today I'm grateful for being able to move into my own room and having to clean it. Let me tell you, it's disgusting work!Dust-filled lungs and dust bunnies galore, but I still enjoy it for some reason... I guess it gives me something to do!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment