Thursday, September 6, 2012

time for a change

I've decided (well actually I decided a while ago) that I need a little change in my life. Well, actually, a BIG change. I've decided that I am going to chop all of my hair off and donate ten inches to Locks of Love. This is either the third or fourth time I've done this and I'm grateful my hair grows so fast so that I can donate it so often. If you don't know what Locks of Love is, it's a program where women, and I guess men too, grow their hair out and then cut 10 inches off which is then donated to the program. They then take your hair and create wigs for women wha have lost their hair because of whatever reason. This way some woman in the world can have her hair back! Hair is surprisingly a very important part of a woman's physical body. Now someone else can benefit from my dead cells. ;) I actually would have cut my hair a while ago, earlier in the summer, but I figured "Why cut my hair when it's only a few inches from being able to donate it. Why not deal with long hair for one more month if it means someone else has the chance to have their hair back?" So i waited. But Saturday is the day when I'm going to chop it off. This is the shortest I have ever cut my hair before.

This is the length my hair was at graduation and it's grown about one or two inches longer. But it won't be this way for much longer... :D



Here's the new look I'm going for. I want it to look like Chelsea Kane's hair from Baby Daddy if you know what i'm talking about. What do you think? Do you think it'll work on me???


(I'm not going blonde though!! I'm not changing THAT much!)
I'm actually really excited!! I'm a little nervous because it's such a drastic change. But at the same time I am so excited to be able to straighten my hair and actually do something with it every day. The old bun on top of my head everyday starts to get a little old. i can't wait to play with it and straighten it! Curl it! Wave it! And make funky, crazy updos!!!! I can't wait. I'll post after pictures for you all, along with my many hair experiments! Wish me luck! And let me know if you think I'm making a good decision and if you think it will look good.


No comments:

Post a Comment