Friday, September 7, 2012

color my friday #3


For today's "color my friday", I kind of struggled to figure out what I was going to blog about because I don't have a ton of time to blog. So I was looking through my Pinterest (addicted!!) and I found this awesome Halloween costume idea that relates to art. Art History actually. One of my favorite artists is Lichtenstein who made cartoon images using benday dots, which are those little dots inside the figure. (I think he was a Pop Artist, but I could very well be wrong. All of my Art History is beginning to go a little fuzzy. I need to keep up on it!)

Here's some of his artwork:

(I have this painting on one of my necklaces and this is the big silver pendant at the bottom.)


costume. What if I dressed up like this for Halloween and only my Art History/Modern Art loving geeky friends would understand who I was? "What are you?" "A Lichtenstein painting!! BEAT THAT!!"

See? How awesome would this be as an art inspired Halloween costume? And only my Art History/Modern Art loving geeky friends would understand who I was?
 "What are you?"
"A Lichtenstein painting!! BEAT THAT!!"

We'll see if I actually dress up like it. Who knows? I've still got time.

No comments:

Post a Comment