Friday, August 31, 2012

color my friday and music junkie #2

Welcome to another Friday! Honestly, I thought this day would never come! I don't know about you, but this week has gone very slowly for me. And to add to that, I've been waiting a while for this day because it is the starting of a three day weekend that I get to spend with my family at a family reunion. For today's "color me friday", I found a painting on Pinterest of a couple kissing which I loved. So I wanted to share a couple of my favorite pieces of artwork titled The Kiss (or something related to that title).

Pinned Image

The Kiss, by JarekPuczel
(Found on Pinterest)
I love the way that their faces seem to blend into one.

The Kiss, by Rodin
I saw one of these in San Francisco and literally started to cry while I was standing around it. It's beautiful!!! You really have to see it from every angle and in person. The most amaxing part to me is the man's hand on the woman's thigh. The way that Rodin shows the slight amount of pressure on her leg is incredible and so realistic. Just GORGEOUS!


The Kiss, by Gustav Klimt


Kissing the War Goodbye


---, by Roy Lichtenstein
I just thought I would throw one of Lichtenstein's in because I love him so much. It has a different sort of feeling with this kiss, but I still love him.


music junkie #2

While I'm on the topic of kissing, apparently, I thought I would add on a music junkie post with it. Here's one of my new favorite songs and music videos. Enjoy!!



Kissed You Goodnight, by Gloriana

No comments:

Post a Comment