Friday, August 24, 2012

color my friday

Friday is a great day anyways, for so many reasons (need I tell you why? The weekend, end of the work week, end of the school week, no catching the train early for school, etc. etc....). So I decided that I was going to add to that already excellent day of a Friday by creating a post that I will post (hopefully) every Friday. I got the inspiration from Pinterest via someone elses blog that I had landed upon in one of my Pinterest binges. I am going to post about something (a thought, a picture... probably from Pinterest because I love that genious website) related to color. You may not know this, but I am such an Art History nerd and have developed the love for color and modern art because of my amazing high school teacher, Cheryl Hughes. (I get in frequent arguments with anyone who says that modern art isn't really art. Don't even mention that sentence to me because I will definitely dig you into the ground whenever you say that Rothko is just a box of colors that a five year old could paint or anything related to this sentence. JUST DON'T!!!!)  My friday post will now have something to do with art or color to add a little bit of color to your already exciting Friday!

Words of wisdom!
For today, here's the thought about color and art. As I mentioned earlier, I am in love with art and I believe this statement: that the world would be boring without any color or artwork, natural or otherwise. Whenever you mention a generic color, many people jump to conclusions of what they mean. Red- anger, green- envy, etc. Color means so much. They each have their own sort of connotation and create a more interesting world.


No comments:

Post a Comment