Saturday, March 23, 2013

knowing who i am

One of my favorite bloggers the other day wrote an astounding and poetic blogpost about if her readers really know who she is and what she stands for. I was so moved by what she had to say and how proud she was to be saying it. I've done a "things you don't know about me post" but I felt like i wanted to write something more. Because of her post I wanted to do something similar and declare my statement to the world.
This is who I am:
I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me and I love him. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know it, I live it, I love it. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ, who strengthen me to make it through my struggles and self doubts. I do everything through him who strengthens me. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have of eternal families and that I will be with my entire family again and for eternity. I know that one day I will meet the man of my dreams and will be able to be sealed to him for time and all eternity in the temple.
I know that I am an individual and unique. I know that I can stand on my own two feet and stand up for myself. I do not need anyone to prove to myself that I am beautiful. I am strong and have been given many purposes on this earth. I may not know what all of those purposes are right now, but I know that I am here for a reason, whatever they might be.
I believe in destiny. Not in a cheesy kind of way. I believe that every person is put in our path to strengthen us or test us. People come into our lives for whatever reason and we are meant to teach each other.
I'm sometimes crazy. And sometimes too quiet. I sometimes stay too far in my shell, but I'm okay with that. I am sometimes deep in my shell when I'm at school and at work. I have a lot of thoughts running through my mind and would rather stay focused. Other times I can be a little crazy and eccentric. There are different sides to my personality and can be more cautious of opening myself up.
I am a sister and I love my family and sisters with all my heart. I could never be who I am if it wasn't for my sisters and their strength which strengthens me.
But most of all, I accept and love who I am! "I am titanium!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment